whoops.

I haven't posted in a while, apparently reviews just aren't my thing, when I'm trying to write a book, do AP Language homework, and get situated in my new job. In May, the last book I wrote a review on became even more real. I lost a friend to suicide, and since haven't really done anything noteworthy. But I promise, I still want to share the joy of reading, along with working on my various writing projects.

From time to time, I'll let you in on what book I'm reading, and whether or not I like it. To tide you over, here's a few graphic novels I've been reading since I started working at the comic store:

The Walking Dead Volume 1: Days Gone Bye is a breath of fresh air in a long line of zombies (okay, zombies aren't fresh.) I will definitely be finishing the rest of the series. The Walking Dead is about Rick, a small-town cop from Kentucky, who awakes from a coma to find the world he used to know gone. When he realizes a zombie apocalypse has taken place, he embarks on a mission to find his wife in Atlanta - and what waits for him there is no pretty sight. RATING: 4/5.


While the art was dead-on with a Scully and Mulder we know and love, I was disappointed. The X-Files graphic novel did NOT live up to the show's standards. A recent string of possessions have Scully trying to rationalize, and Mulder trying to find the evil responsible, as always. Although the plot was interesting enough, I just felt it didn't give me the classic feeling of, "I Want to Believe." :( RATING: 2/5.

Y: The Last Man Volume 1: Unmanned is about the last man on Earth, literally! When all the men in the world suddenly drop dead, young Yorick is left standing with a disconnected phone call with his would-be fiancee. First item on his long list: find her. Erm, maybe he'll find his mom first. Interesting concept, excellent follow-through. Y: The Last Man, leads you in with just enough action and mystery to put you on the edge of your seat. From gun-toting Republican wives, to the question of, "What is going on here?!", you will be begging for more. Plus, the monkey is a cute touch. I will be finishing these. RATING: 4/5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment